Monday, August 10, 2009

Unofficial neighborhood watch team




A few people have asked what I look like during this pregnancy. I found that weird until I thought back to when I was pregnant with Bruce and we agonizingly documented every second of the pregnancy, right down to monthly belly pictures for comparison. Sorry, couldn't help it - we were so excited and enamored with the whole process we had to share every minute. When I brought this up to Jerret, we realized that we don't really have any pictures of me pregnant this time, except pictures I am in with Bruce. It seems like the only way to get a photo op in our family or on the blog is to stand next to Bruce or hold him or be in the background. Our focus has really changed this time around! I hope this isn't a sign of things to come - our girl being the overlooked middle child. In reality though, there is also no way I can spend the better part of her newborn days documenting her every expression since there's a toddler in the picture this time. Sigh. I know the second child will bring an entirely new set of wonderful, yet exclusive parenting experiences. I am a little apprehensive but at the same time, I can't wait! Anyway, here is a belly pic for those of you who are curious. Maybe we'll post another one or two before the big day.

30 Week Belly Pic



Big boy sleeping in his big bed


Bruce was playing in the yard while I was outside working in the garden this morning. In addition to making an unsightly mess of himself while playing in the dirt with Willow, he caught a bug on his own! It was a huge Junebug, which isn't difficult since they are the slowest bugs and aren't the smartest, but a bug nonetheless. It held onto his thumb and he was very proud of it. He repeatedly showed it to me and examined it up close. When he was done holding it, he let it go unharmed. Here are some pictures of the catch.


"Look, mom! I caught a bug!"


"Now how do I get it off?"


No, he's not always covered with dirt and yes, he does have clothes. I know. I never thought I would let my kid run around looking like that, either. Guess you just never can tell!


1 comment:

Laura said...

Cute belly picture! You look very beautiful pregnant. I love that Bruce caught a bug and didn't eat it! I think it's fine you let him run around without lots of clothes...less laundry!