Thursday, October 8, 2009

Autumn's Here! (in more ways than one)


Hello everyone! We've had a busy day! Autumn Rose was born this morning at 1:20 am. She is 6 pounds, 7 ounces, 19 inches long and doing great! I am recovering very well. Last night, I started having some serious contractions at about 10:30. I started to get ready for bed and my water broke! I called Jerret, who was almost on his way home anyway and he came home right away. We got our stuff together and decided not to wake Bruce until the last minute. Luckily, we decided to have Sara meet us at the hospital to get him! We wouldn't have had time to get to the hospital before Autumn was born if we dropped him off at her house, which was our original plan! Yikes! But things worked out great and we got here just in time to have her. The entire labor was pretty hard, but short at only about 3 hours total! Wow! My Dr and Autumn showed up at the same time and the nurses barely had time to get things set up. Now we are just enjoying some restfulness and family time. The hospital even gave us champagne flutes and sparkling grape juice to mark the occasion! Happy birthday, Autumn!

Bruce got to spend some time in the hospital today to meet his new sister and hang out with Mommy. He was a bit apprehensive at first, especially about the fact that I was in a bed in very unfamiliar surroundings. He seemed very worried about that. He also wasn't really sure what to do with the new person we were holding. But then he had some dessert from my lunch and played in the room for a while and was over all that and back to his normal sweet, happy, fun self!

Here are some pictures of our day, to be followed by an infinite number more in the future! :)

Unsuspecting Bruce sleeping in a cute position (I didn't know I would be in labor later that night when I took this)


Cuddling with Mommy after all our hard work


Being shown off by the proud daddy


Getting some rest



Autumn with her eyes open



Bruce meeting his new little sister


More introduction


We will fill you in more as we go along. Just wanted to share the news and some initial pictures. Thank you all for your prayers and support!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Holly, I'm so happy for u guys! She is sooooooooooooo beautiful, just like her mama. U are going to have so much fun. I hope u get plenty of rest! Bruce is going to warm up just fine....little boys just love their sisters (at first..lol).

And I LOVE her name! I'm glad u waited to tell everyone! Please let me know if I can bring u a meal for the family or can help out with Bruce so u can get some rest! Paddy is 2 1/2 and they would have a blast together.
Take care and enjoy that sweet precious child of God!

God bless u all!
Patricia Cashion

K. Huggins said...

Yay!!!!! Hope all is well for you! Happy Birthday Autumn!