Tuesday, September 8, 2009



Below are some of the pictures from today's ultrasound. We got to watch her suck on her tiny fingers! The little girl looks great and position, placenta, amniotic fluid, etc. are all normal. She's estimated to be about 4 pounds and 7 ounces now, which is a tad small but still within normal limits. The doctor commented on her long legs in proportion to her little body. The previous ultrasonographer brought this up as well at the 20 week ultrasound. Jerret considers this worrisome from a Dad's point of view. :) Her head is now down and lower, which explains all of the discomfort I have been having lately. The OB didn't have any great ideas to relieve the pressure other than some exercises I am already doing, but oh well. It's just one more of those minor things that are totally worth enduring when you consider the amazing miracle you are participating in when you are pregnant. We also did confirm the previous result that she IS a girl. The OB's comment on the ultrasound printout: "Definitely a girl". Yay!


This is a profile of the left side with her hand just in front of her chin


In this one, same angle, but she has her hand in her mouth


Congrats to the Cummins family (some of you know momma as "Laura, my Texas friend")! She gave birth to little David yesterday! I will get to meet him tomorrow when I drop off mommy's CBS book and lunch. I can't wait! How fun - a little window into our very near future! They are both doing very well - praise God for that one! On Labor Day, no less!
Note to all of my female friends of childbearing age: If you call me and give me your symptoms and ask if I think you are in labor and I say "I don't think so. You could go to the hospital just to put your mind to rest that you are not, etc., etc." -- Go anyway! You may just have a baby in your hands 2 hours later! Hey - I'm no Dr. I just read lots of books by them. Which obviously isn't an adequate substitute...

Also congrats to the Mason family, who we just found out are expecting their 2nd! Joanna and I are trying to maintain the theme of being pregnant at the same time. :) Guess that's what happens in a friendship of, what, 24 years or so? Wow.

Here are some pictures of the time we spent at Grandma's house on Labor Day (unlike the Cummins Family, we didn't take the opportunity play on the day's nomenclature).

Getting a tour of the land with Grandma


Borrowing cousin John's pony


Stripped down and running through the sprinklers





No comments: